Castle Pines North Metro District
Welcome to the Castle Pines North Metro District

Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I call with questions about water, waste water, storm water and parks, open space and trails?

Castle Pines North Metropolitan District provides these services to the residents and businesses located in the Castle Pines North community. To contact CPNMD by phone, please call 303-688-8550. Or visit our website

Back to Top

Who do I call with questions about snow removal, street repairs and building permits?

The City of Castle Pines North provides these services. For more information and how to contact the appropriate department, visit City of CPN website.

Back to Top

Who do I call with questions about trash pick up, recycling, pools, tennis courts, and neighborhood clubhouses?

Individual homeowners associations provide various services for the neighborhoods throughout Castle Pines North. To find information about your homeowner associations and how to contact them, visit the website: Castle Pines North Master Association

Back to Top

What are my options for paying my water bill?

  1. Pay online with a VISA or Mastercard credit or debit card: [Pay Online Now].
  2. Use the bill stub and mail your check to the remittance address shown on the invoice:
    Castle Pines North Metro District
    P.O. Box 5067
    Denver, CO 80217
  3. Sign up for automatic bank draft. Payment will be deducted automatically from your checking or savings account. You will receive a copy of your bill each month for your records. Sign up using the ACH application form.
  4. Drop your payment off at our office at 7404 Yorkshire Drive on the NE corner of Castle Pines Parkway and Yorkshire Drive. For your convenience, a secure after-hours drop box is located outside of the office door.
  5. Call 303-688-8550 to make a credit card payment over the phone with one of our customer service representatives.

Back to Top

What are the line items for on my water bill?

  • WATER CHARGE: Pays for actual water used and also pays for maintenance of nearly 50 miles of water mains, electricity for pumping of District- owned wells and water treatment.
  • CUSTOMER CHARGE (WATER): Pays for cost of postage, meter reading and billing related administrative costs.
  • CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT FEE (WATER): Contributes to renewable water resources, acquisition of water rights, and other capital improvement projects related to acquisition of renewable water.
  • SEWER: Pays for wastewater treatment at Plum Creek Wastewater facility, electricity for nine wastewater lift systems, and the operation and maintenance costs for our wastewater collection system that consists of 46.6 miles of pipeline. Charges are based on average winter water consumption.
  • CUSTOMER CHARGE (SEWER): Pays for cost of postage and billing related administrative costs.
  • CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT FEE (SEWER): Pays for Plum Creek Wastewater Authority plant expansion and replacement of major infrastructure components.
  • STORM DRAINAGE: Includes permit compliance, enforcement and maintenance of storm water detention ponds.

Back to Top

On my water bill there is a line for Water Budget Information. What is my budget based on?

All CPN residential water customers have individualized water budgets, or allotments, that are based on a number of factors, including lot size. During the irrigation season, April through October, your monthly budget will vary depending on these factors, which take into account historical anticipated rainfall amounts. This budget amount is designed to cover both indoor water use and irrigation. During the winter, all residents are allotted a budget of 5,000 gallons per month for indoor use.

Your budget determines the rate at which your water use is charged. Residents who stay within their budget are charged at the lowest rate per thousand gallons, or what we refer to as Tier 1. As you exceed your budget, the rate per thousand gallons increases through Tiers 2, 3, and 4. Water budgets are one of the means by which the District hopes to encourage conservation - the more you use, the more you pay.

Each month your bill will show your budget for that month and how your actual usage compares to that budget. There is also a notation of the next month’s budget so that you can plan your water use accordingly. You are only charged for the gallons you use.

Back to Top

How do I reserve a practice sports field?

Residents of Castle Pines North can reserve ball fields at no cost. Ball fields and multi-use fields are for league practices only. Reservations are accepted for Coyote Ridge Park for a nominal fee. [Visit Reservation Request Page]

Back to Top

How do I reserve a picnic pavilion?

Pavilion areas at Coyote Ridge and Retreat Park are covered and may be reserved for special events or picnics. [Reservation Request Page]. You may also contact Susan or Patty at the CPN Metro District office.

Back to Top

How do I reserve the community center?

Located at 7404 Yorkshire Drive, the Castle Pines North Community Center is a full-service facility that can be used for meetings and special events. The building features restrooms, a small kitchen area and a theatre. The Community Center may be rented for a nominal fee. Contact Susan or Patty to make a reservation.

Back to Top

What are the rates to reserve a sports field, park pavilion or the community center?

The rates for park pavilions and the CPNMD community center for residents and non-residents, HOAs, scout and school groups, and profit and non-profit organizations are established through the year 2013. [Fee Schedule]

Back to Top
CI LOGO Copyright 2003-15 Captain Innovations, Inc. Web Design